Saturday, May 3, 2014

Tufted Titmouse: Some Favorite Photos

I've been seeing even more of the Tufted Titmice at our feeders lately.  They used to be more bashful and darted in quickly, grabbing a seed or nut then zooming away.  They're still hasty sometimes, but their visits are more frequent.  Is the Mama Tit eating more because she'll probably have some hatchlings soon?  Or am I seeing more of them because they have become more comfortable around me?  


In any case, the little birds are enjoyable to watch- especially their acrobatics around the tree branches and feeders.  I particularly love to watch them position themselves to crack a seed with their beak- they appear as though they're bowing their heads to pray. Their big, beautiful eyes are adorable and appear to be too big for their dainty little head.  I adore these precious little winged beauties!  


No comments:

Post a Comment