Monday, May 12, 2014

Asiatic Lily

This is the first year I've purchased an Asiatic Lily.  In past years, I've planted Daylilies with great success. When the bright orange flowers bloomed, this Asiatic Lily was simply gorgeous!  The blooms lasted for 2 to 3 weeks then were gone.  I expected more blooms to shoot up and grow, but that didn't happen.  I've since learned that these early bloomers show off just once- when the flowers are spent, that's it.  The foliage, however, stays pretty and green until autumn.  


Asiatic Lilies are hardy perennials, meaning they'll spring back up next year. They come in a wide range of colors and are easy to care for.  Apparently the hummingbirds were attracted to it too which is another plus. Indeed, this plant will be at the top of my favorite Spring flowers list.  



No comments:

Post a Comment