Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Hope Through the Hard Times

Sometimes life's difficulties overwhelm us, and we give in to negative thoughts and anxiety.  Our joyfulness is consumed, little by little, until all that remains is misery and regret.  When we focus on all the bad situations in our life, we leave the door wide open for even more negative feelings to creep in.


I felt that way yesterday- overwhelmed by life's struggles.  Anger and bitterness crept in, invading my mind and spirit, creating in me a hostile attitude.  I was grumpy and harsh, and projected those negative feelings onto others.  Then on top of the misery I already felt, there was guilt to cope with- guilt for being ugly towards the ones I love.  

After a few silent tears, I escaped to my sanctuary, the place where I find peace and serenity- the corner of my front porch.  


I thought about how insignificant my problems are in comparison to what others are struggling with right now. I considered all the things I have to be grateful for.  I reflected on the joy I have felt being surrounded by the beauty of God's creations.  I remembered that, as a human being, I am sometimes weak and imperfect, defected by my sinful nature.


After a few moments of silence and reflection, peace was restored within my soul.  The presence of God's love soothed my spirit and freed my mind.  Hope will carry me through the hard times, as it always has...

"Grace is the face that love wears when it meets imperfection" ~ Joseph R. Cooke 



No comments:

Post a Comment