Wednesday, April 11, 2018

No Spring Skips Its Turn

It's been a little over a year since I last wrote a post for my nature blog.  Much has changed in my life since then. Without going into details, I'm just going to share that my 34 year old son passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in September 2017 and I continue to have some health issues and will have another back surgery soon.  Life has been tough, but it continues.  I take it one day at a time.

Gone are the frigid cold days of winter.  The earth is warming up and the first perennials of a new spring have made their appearance.  Once they peep out from their pine straw covering, the Daffodils and Hostas grow rapidly.  I'm astonished at the size of the hosta leaves this year- they're huge!  The African irises completely died down during winter and the new plants have multiple bright yellow blooms on them.  The Asiatic lilies have multiplied a little and look promising. 


The St. Joseph's lilies are gorgeous!  They're among my favorite blooms and it's easy to see why- just look at those beautiful red flowers!  Nearby the calla lilies are peeping from their bed of pine straw and leaves.  A few of the pretty pink carpet roses have opened up in bloom and there's a ton of new rose buds on the stems.  They will be heavy laden with blooms in just a couple of weeks.  Sandy cleared all the weeds from the rose bed and applied fresh mulch so it looks great now.  


No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.  


No comments:

Post a Comment