Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Back Yard Project: Flower Garden Makeover

This flower garden desperately needed a makeover.  Though I started it only three years ago, most of the plants had died.  Those remaining were destroyed by the colder than usual winter this past year.  I really didn't have enough soil and compost in it to begin with- maybe that contributed to the demise of the plants.  

Before planting, Sandy added a mixture of several bags of garden soil and topsoil.  After each hole was dug, I added "worm poo compost" to the hole and blended it into the loose soil.  When the plants were placed into the hole and covered, I blended more compost into the soil surrounding it.  When all the plants were placed, they were covered in a layer of red mulch.  I hung two baskets of flowers on the 4x4 post and moved one of the bird baths into the garden.  


I have my sister to thank for all the hard work she contributed toward this flower garden makeover.  She worked her butt off and I'm so grateful to her.  The garden turned out beautiful and I love it!  (Photos taken with my cell phone)


No comments:

Post a Comment