Monday, April 16, 2018

A Few Back Yard Snapshots

I'd never seen a moth like this one before so I grabbed a couple of quick photos of it.  I haven't researched it yet but I think it's pretty with the yellow blocks of color against black and the puffy orange appendages.


The Northern Cardinals have been pretty aggressive with each other lately.  I think it's because breeding season is near and they are displaying territorial or dominance behaviors.  The females have been fighting each other as well.  I haven't seen any of the males feeding a female yet, one of their signs of courtship.  The males outnumber the females at least 2:1.  I love their bright red feathers, especially in the sunlight.


Mourning Doves visit our back yard every day.  This one particular dove couple decided to dine together...


Just another ordinary day in the neighborhood.


No comments:

Post a Comment