Saturday, May 23, 2015

Zebra Swallowtail

The Zebra Swallowtail is a swallowtail butterfly native to the eastern United States and southeast Canada. Its distinctive wing shape and long tails make it easy to identify, and its black and white-striped pattern is reminiscent of a zebra.

My first sighting of a Zebra Swallowtail was yesterday, when I spotted this one drinking from the blue salvia in my garden.  Such a beautiful specimen to see with mint green (rather than white) and black stripes.  It had quite a bit of difficulty hanging on to the flowers yesterday because of the blustery wind, but fortunately it stayed long enough for me to take a few good shots...


I hope everyone is having a great weekend thus far.  I attended the high school graduation of my oldest grandson last night- I can't believe he's already 18 years old.  I ask myself where the time went. Soon he'll be off to college and I will surely miss him!  The rest of the weekend is normal routine for me- work, sleep, work again, then off for a couple of nights.  

Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your grandson the graduate..Lovely captures of the butterfly. The flowers are lovely too. Have a great day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete