Saturday, May 30, 2015

Porch Critters

Good afternoon everyone!  It's a great Saturday for me- I'm off work! Yipeeee! I did do some sweaty yard work this morning- pulling and digging up weeds from my flower beds, but after a nice shower, I'm taking it easy for a little while.  My oldest grandsons are visiting this weekend and my husband cooked a fantastic meal, so I'm a clean, fat and happy grandma right now ;)

I hope your weekend is going well.  Today I'm sharing a few critters that hang around my back porch- 

Southeastern Five-lined Skink- I used to think these were called Salamanders, but I'm not sure why
Cute little frog- not sure of his biological name, just a green frog to me
I love tiny frogs!
This lizard surely appears to be at peace in his surroundings- zzzzzzzzzzzz
An itsy-bitsy spider dangling from the tin roof
Closer view of the itsy-bitsy spider- can anyone identify it? 
A carpenter bee bore a perfect round hole in one of my porch beams.  

I knew nothing about carpenter bees until I saw them drilling holes in my porch beams. During some research, I learned the difference between bumble bees and carpenter bees- most importantly, one will destroy your home while the other one watches.  We plan to seal the holes and put a finish on the porch wood soon (we just built the porch about 6 to 7 months ago).  

Thank you for visiting!
Linking with our friendly hostess Eileen at Saturday's Critters


7 comments:

  1. I love the skink , the lizard and the cute frog. Spiders and bees I can tolerate. But, not drilling holes into your porch, that is awful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the skink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of the skink, the frog and the lizard. I think they're cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...with all of our termites...I'm sure glad we don't have carpenter bees! Never knew of such a thing. Darn buggers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan,
    I'm Suzan also :-}}
    Great Macro shots --- so good that I really wanted to get a fly swatter and get that wood bee drilling a hole in your porch beams!! I tried to "follow" you, but blogger won't let me at the moment!! Will try later!
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love little frogs, too! Looks like it might be a tree frog, but not too sure. The skink is beautiful, especially with that blue tail. Dang, I didn't know Carpenter Bees could do that sort of damage. Lots of lively action around your house, though! And great pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the skink is so pretty.

    Love your header Susan.

    ReplyDelete