Monday, March 16, 2015

Forecast: Spring!


“Is the spring coming?" he said. "What is it like?"...
"It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine...” 
― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden

Ahhh, Spring is well on her way, drawing closer every day.
The blossoms of the Cleveland Pear tree have awakened right on schedule.


The Mountain Snow Pieris blooms are practicing their bows for her arrival.


Our blueberry blooms are anticipating the warmth of Spring...


The birds have commenced their spring celebration with songs and courtship.  Some are already preparing their nests.  Pretty flowers are resting in pots on my deck, waiting for their place in my new flower garden.  Bags of soil and compost are stacked in a corner of my back yard.  I can hardly wait to get started!  I'm ready to play in the dirt ;)

I hope the signs of the Spring season come soon for those of you in the north and northeast who've had a harsh winter.  The winter storms have been relentless for you this year and I know you must be ready for some sunshine and warmth.  May the season of renewal pour her blessings upon you!

I wish you all a good beginning to this week...

3 comments:

  1. loved the center blooms! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your images are so beautiful and refreshing!! I'm ready to dig in the dirt, too. There certainly are a lot of weeds that have taken over, so I need to get going on that. Hope you have a great week, Susan!

    ReplyDelete