Thursday, March 12, 2015

Autumn 2014 Photos

I hope this evening, (or this morning, depending on where you're located) finds everyone well. It's been several days since I've had the opportunity to post or read your blogs and comment, for reasons beyond my control.  My family and I lost a precious loved one and dear friend last weekend.  His death was sudden and unexpected, a shock to us all.  I've tried to sit down and write a few times since, but it's been difficult to stay focused.  

These are the last of autumn's photos from 2014.  They were tucked away in one of my files, waiting their turn to share the spotlight.  I love the colorful backgrounds of the first three- they were spotted in a woodland area in Pascagoula.  The tall, grassy plants grow near the banks of Lake Columbia, not far from my residence.  I think they're cattails?  Maybe not.  I thought cattails were brown. The last photo is the Cleveland Pear tree shedding its golden leaves in my back yard.  (It's now covered in beautiful white blossoms).



I'm grateful that Spring is right around the corner.  I'm ready for some sunshine and a little warmth, how about you?  I observed a wren couple gathering nest materials yesterday evening- a positive sign :)  I can hardly wait!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. The surrealness of the bokeh color is fabulous in those first 3 shots. Love 'em all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful rich tones and bokeh in these, susan! i'm sorry for the loss of your family member.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have great focus on these but truth be told, the last is my favorite. so sorry for your loss, time is a great healer!!

    ReplyDelete