Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Songbirds & Sunshine

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer,
it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou



Birds bring both color and music into my life...
I can't imagine the earth being void of these beautiful gifts. 
This morning they captured my undivided attention
while I watched them flock around the feeders,
sparring for their turn at breakfast.

Again I had to shoot photos from indoors.  Cherie thought I was struggling to re-position the window blind but I was actually standing on the sofa, leaning against the window frame while holding my camera close to the window.  I can only imagine what she thought at that moment, "Mom, aren't you taking this a little far?"... that's probably what flashed through her mind and stopped at her tongue before she spat it out *grin*. If only I could become invisible, just for a few minutes, so the birds wouldn't see me and disappear. I'm not equipped with one of those foot long, fifty pound, ultra detailed camera lens that can capture a mosquito from 100 yards away :(  If I ever win the lottery, I'll be sure and add that to my shopping list *insert gentle sarcasm*. The next time I'm going to try to use my tripod with a remote switch and hope that it works. The only downfall to that idea is the "clicking" sound made by the camera when the shutter is released.  We will see what happens...

I played around with my photo editor this evening, just to see what kind of transitions could be made with the photos.  I like the way some of them turned out; however, I deleted most.  There will be better opportunities another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment