Thursday, February 26, 2015

Ordinary

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you're aware that my husband and I moved in October of this past year.  Since we live about eight miles from town, we're surrounded by country roads in all directions and I've yet to explore some of them.

A few weeks after moving, I took a short drive north to check things out.  As expected, there were the usual things one would see on a drive in the country- cows, pastures, ponds, cows, barns, hay rolls, cows...you get the picture ;).  Nothing fancy as far as fences, either- just ordinary barbed wire fences to keep the cows in.  


I attracted the interest of a couple of them- 
they probably wondered who the crazy woman with the camera is.  


Simple and ordinary, yet refreshing.  That's why I love the country side of life.  

Linked with Tex for Good Fences


13 comments:

  1. This is exactly why I like going for country drives...just ordinary every day things. Nothing stressful seeing scenes like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't live anywhere else than close to natural countryside. Plenty of barbed wire in your neck of the woods as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cow pictures :D
    Love the first one - it has a pretty light.
    Have a fine day
    【ツ】Knipsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the back roads country drives. The cows are cute! Great captures. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cows and place for walking,greeting from Belgium.

    http://louisette.eklablog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your post and I love the countryside also. Can't wait to get out in it. You got some great photos, loved the curious cows :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. no such thing as ordinary when you have a camera. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very peaceful country scenes, and lovely captures of the fields and cows. The colours in the first and last shots are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the perfect spot for a photographer, a blogger and someone who loves nature!!! i could live there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. and i love your bird header pic!!!!

    ReplyDelete