Saturday, August 2, 2014

Surround Yourself With Beauty

It feels good to be surrounded by beauty...
I call it Soul Therapy.


Many of you were inspired to share images of bright, colorful flowers in your blog posts yesterday.  The love and attachment that we humans have to beauty is universal, and flowers can speak volumes.  

The pink miniature roses above grow wild on a fence which surrounds a horse pasture- what a nice surprise to find beauty in unexpected places!  The remainder of images below were shot from my front porch, starting with the "blues"- Lobelia and Hydrangea.


The pretty orange and bright pink blooms are New Guinea Impatiens.  They do well in the shade.  


Plants that love the sun get plenty of it.  This group includes the Shrimp plant, Tacoma, Bells of Fire,  Pentas, Verbena and Bat Face Cuphea.


An assortment of pretty greens also love my porch...Ivy, Spider plant and Philodendron.


On my front porch I am content to be surrounded by such beauty...

"Don't wait for someone else to bring you flowers.
Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul". 

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment