Monday, March 24, 2014

My Little Corner of the World

A place tucked away in the corner of our front porch-
an old homemade wooden cabinet, once abandoned, 
now holds upon it a trove of beauty...
colorful spring blooms, green plants and bright garden ornamentals.
I feel blessed when I look out of my bedroom window to see this...


Sometimes I stand there, watching life flutter by in shades of red, yellow, black, blue, brown, and more. Flashes of color as birds skip from one branch to another or tango in mid-flight. Bees buzz by and sometimes hover above the spring blooms or feeders filled with sweet nectar.  Often there are a few dozen feathered beauties gathered in this area of our front yard. I've taken numerous photos while standing behind the glass of my bedroom window...


This little corner is my spring sanctuary-
on my days off, I'm often found here...sitting in my brown lawn chair.
A small, inexpensive wooden table holds a cup of fresh coffee, 
my eyeglasses and my camera.


Pots and ornamentals frequently get moved around...
forward, back some, a little to the left or more to the right.  
The same routine stands for the bird feeders as well.


I can spend hours upon hours in this space on a beautiful spring day...
sitting in silence, except for the sound of birds singing or bees buzzing.


"Ask the plants of the earth, and they will teach you; and the fish of the sea will declare to you. Who among all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?  In his hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of every human being."  Job 12:8-10, NRS

I appreciate God's creations, silent moments and tranquil days :))))


No comments:

Post a Comment