Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Backyard Birdies

Remember when I was whining a couple of months ago about
the lack of birds in our back yard?  

Fortunately, things have changed lately...


American Robin
Cedar Waxwing
Northern Mockingbird
Blue Jay
Chipping Sparrows
Pileated Woodpecker (sooner or later, I'll get a better shot of this one)
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Another Red-bellied Woodpecker...see him peeping from the hole?
Yellow-shafted Northern Flickers (there are 3 in this photo)
Female Northern Flicker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker again

Because my back yard is so shady, I need to practice shooting 
in lower lighting conditions.  It would also be great to have
the 400 mm lens I've been dreaming of for those close ups ;)

Linked with Stewart at Wild Bird Wednesday


10 comments:

  1. You had a lovely variety. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps the birds heard you were shinning and decided to get you a treat and this post certainly showed that. Great variety of birds now in your garden and lovely shots of them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome variety of backyard birds. I love the Sapsucker and woodies.. The Flickers are cool birds too. Great shots, have a happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice shots! I especially like your picture of the Cedar Wax Wing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once the birds have found you they will become "regulars." :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations! a really nice variety you're getting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I`ve never seen a sapsucker,you were able to get awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing,phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, you had some great visitors! I love the tree with the berries...it makes a nice place for them to pose! You had quite a variety of woodpeckers too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. o, you have a beautiful waxwing. I have only seen them once thi season and it was a rainy day annd they were in a tree top. Would not know it was them if they did not hear them. I love their sound.

    ReplyDelete