Saturday, May 9, 2020

Back Yard Project: May 9, 2020

Charlie and I had a long day in the back yard today. We cleaned up the area under the line of shade trees, lined it with black landscaping fabric, planted some shrubs and flowers then added mulch. It took several hours and quite a bit of hard work but it's worth it. It turned out great! Little by little our back yard is turning into a woodland park and I love it! 

I purchased a few new flower pots from Lowe's. The ceramic ones are my faves. I planted coral Impatiens, pink and white Begonia, red Begonia, Hostas, Hydrangeas, Big Foot Cleyera, Coppertop Sweet Viburnum, Red Diamond Midsize Loropetalum, and some small Loropetalum. I added another Oak Leaf Hydrangea between the two that were planted last year. I actually had three but lost one during winter. I also added a pot of elephant ears from last year.

*
*
*
*

My Mom's favorite flowers were hydrangeas. I planted three of them a couple years ago, but I wanted more because I love them as well. So this year I planted three more. These are also in memory of Mom. I added this beautiful Angel figurine between the hydrangeas in her honor. It feels special to me, just as she did. And what better time of the year could I do this than tomorrow, since it is Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day in Heaven, Mom.

*
*

Evenings are especially pretty in our back yard. The sun sets over the hill across the street and its light filters through the trees. 

*
*


No comments:

Post a Comment