Friday, October 19, 2018

Bathing Bluebirds

I was briefly entertained by a bluebird family as they bathed in the fresh, clean water in our birth bath.  There was a total of four bluebirds, probably the parents and two juveniles.  The younger birds flew around the bird bath and close to the water but instead of landing on the rim, they landed on the flower stems surrounding it.  I'm not sure why they didn't dip into the water with the others.  Maybe they haven't fully developed their landing skills.  I wish my camera had been set up to shoot a video of them.  They were so precious to watch!


"The air is crowded with birds; beautiful, tender, intelligent birds
to whom life is a song".


3 comments:

  1. Hello. They are really beautiful birds. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous collection of Bluebird photos. They are one of my favorites. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is more delightful than a Bluebird? A Bluebird bathing perhaps.

    ReplyDelete