Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Great Crested Flycatchers

I watched a pair of Great Crested Flycatchers gather nesting materials and place them into one of the wooden houses in my back yard.  Actually, the female gathered the materials while her mate watched over her.  When she was in the bird house, he stood guard on top, making frequent high-pitched warning calls to ward off others in the area.  He was very attentive to her, following her every move.


Love is certainly in the air.  I'm looking forward to watching them with their offspring.

Linked with Stewart for Wild Bird Wednesday-
thanks for visiting!


5 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwwww

    I need to build some bird houses :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I just love these beautiful birds. Great series of photos. Have a happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bird and beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to be able to watch them grow.

    ReplyDelete